View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #79
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

If you leave enough money under a pillow the glass fairy comes by. The down side of having glass is after this much time reaching in through the window frames to get stuff from the back it's frustrating to have to go all the way around to the back and open the hatch. And I'm still stuck on the second row windows as I still have no seals. I left a message at Precision Rubber but no word back yet. In the process of installing the dash pad I noticed the blower motor resistor just hanging in the heater by the wires. Most of the phenolic plate that held it in position was gone. One less thing to catch on fire. Not much info here as it is just lots of time making sure things fit right with good fasteners. Lots of anti-seize and time wiping anti-seize off my hands. So far the only surprise has been the front turn signal plug mismatch. Harness female connections are V style which is 67 only. And of course the grille and lights I got are 68. The other disappointing fact is that the bumpers are all tweaked. When it was purple I never noticed it but now it is very apparent. As this is to be a daily driver I think I need to step up the bumper protection. Maybe get OE painted ones double them up and plug weld them together for extra stiffness. Now days so many people don't care if they have to push your car around when they are trying to park. I've repainted the bumper on the girlfriend's Lexus several times because of these &%-&#%&%- people. Would painted bumpers be a bad idea? It seems to me to be a 4x4 thing.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote