View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
54belair

Re: Newbe builder starting a grand project

Hi, welcome to the board. I love the idea of the 68 (kinda partial to them myself).

If I might, Id like to make a suggestion(s). On the one pc windows---make sure you have the ones sold by Brothers--there are two brands and the Other one has more issues. But, make sure you want them before you start the install---either brand requires door modification----non reversible modification. Ive also been told by some who have them that they have a lot of issues with sealing and window channels. (?)

After seeing your pics of your rust issues, my suggestion there would be to take care of all the rust issues Before you invest your money into mods. Im not tryng to scare you off, but these trucks GROOOOOW rust. when youre checking everything out--pull the fenders and check high on the firewall in front and on the sides for rust. Use an ice pick to probe areas you suspect. On my build, the rust had been pruposely hidden and I ended up putting a fortune in repair before I got to do the things I wanted to do.

Ive restored some other vehicles--but I sure got surprised on this one. I like your ideas, enjoy the work, enjoy the result.
1966 chevelle ss

Dont always go the cheapest route--You can save yourself into the poorhouse!
My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489030
54belair is offline   Reply With Quote