Thread: budget swap?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: budget swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10owner View Post
Yes it helps but I was also someone would be able to say get this, dont get that, do this, dont do that. you know what I mean? I have a 700R4 in my truck now but its a 83 model and as far as I know never rebuilt. I`ll have a motor/trans ready to swap when I`m ready to do it.
DON'T get a 4.8 - for the money, you can get a 5.3 and you'll be happier should you decide to start pushing the performance end of things

DON'T re-use a transmission of unknown quality. you don't wanna put it all the work, and smoke a 700r4 on the third time round the block. Also, if your motor is DBW, you have to change to DBC to use any of the cable transmissions

DO get your harness re-worked or have a custom one made. If your confident and have time, you can save money modding your own harness, but usually for the cost of the stock harness + mental sanity you can have one done for you. Some companies also include stuff like a fuse block etc that makes wiring easier.

DO try to get the motor as complete as possible. Makes tracking the "little things" easier when they all came attached to the motor.

DO be realistic about budget. Even on a tight well controlled project, there are always some hidden costs. Don't strand yourself.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote