View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

Re: BROWN WHITE Striped wire from the Ignition switch Burnt what can cause this?

[QUOTE=VetteVet;4637644 You are right to trace the wire from the key switch to wherever it goes. If you replaced it where did you run it to?[/QUOTE]

The first time I did trace it and found nothing wrong with the wire after it left the cab and I figuerd it would be better to buy a new underdash wrire harness So I did. After I installed the new harness the truck started fine for like 15-20 minutes while it warmed up Fans came on then turned it off then started again fine on my way to the Autoparts store It only made it down the street about a block and it started smoking. I traced it againg ripped out all my wiring and went through it one by one and found nothing wrong with the wire after it left the cab So this time around I want to just replace this Brown/white stripped wire I can not afford to buy a whole new dash harness other wise I would.. I have not found the same wire at any aoutoparts stores white stripped brown wire with a single strand of copper inside.Yesterday I took of my Alternator off and I will get it tested today after work Thanks again guys.
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
petey-pablo is offline   Reply With Quote