View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #116
slowcpe

Re: '67 Stepper "Laymond"

Its been a while since I've given an update so here goes:

In the past month I've spent more time and money on my garage than I care to admit to one other person in my household. My air compressor project spiraled out of control but it should do anything I ever need to do. I also picked up a 44" HF tool box. Never thought I would spend that much money on a single item from HF, but so far I really like it and appears you can't beat it for the money. Now that that is all out of the way, I've got to winterize the boat and then its time to blow the truck apart.

While my project thread has been dormant, I have not. I've been reading, researching and collecting parts for this winter. In fact I will be calling Travis later today to order some misc. Porterbuilt parts (no dropmember at this time though ).

I was all geared up for a mild DM, until I started putting everything I need for my motor swap in a spreadsheet. That adds up real quick! I'm basically going to use everything I already have and get the necessary stuff to get it on the road (without sacrificing quality). I can always add later.

Basically my plan (for now):

Install PB Stage I front, Stage II basic rear with adjustable TA and rear frame crossmembers.

Air Management (probably going to pull the trigger on e-level with a single 480 compressor.

Install my LQ4/4L80e with TSP Torquer V3 (already have), necessary valvetrain upgrades, Holley pan, longtubes (leaning towards Hedmans) and stall.

No Limit front and rear sway bars

If funds allow, replace the KYB shocks Ridetech HQs.

That should deplete my mod fund pretty quick but should yield a fun truck to drive.

Here's a couple of pics of my garage additions and one of my tailgate chains I got from Southern Kentucky Classics.

1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote