View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #12
nail pounder

Re: Rear differential suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyblue View Post
I have my original not sure how it functions until we get going so was just curious. I thought they were recommending a different differential for performance since the original truck wasn't meant for today's speeds and power we have gotten used to.
Nail pounder what power plant are you running in yours?
So if I did the 8.8 ford it seems they have disk brakes on the years suggested above the 96-01 so if I upgraded my master cylinder I could keep those? that would be a nice upgrade. Have to convince my husband he's one of those silly fix or repair daily negative Ford guys but this is my dad's and my truck and we are a love of all trucks family haha
Thanks again I appreciate it
For clarification my mechanic said I'm looking for a 60" rear but in the specs it says my 57 is a 62......what width wiggle room do I have for keeping this easier to install as I search for options around here
I have a 350 and 700R4 with stock rear. I am/was in a similar situation as you. I want a good daily driver, not a street rod and I'm on a budget. Mine does great on the freeway with overdrive trans, and is still quick off the line. I may upgrade the rear end in the future but I did the motor swap a year ago see no need for a rear end at this time. I changed the diff fluid a couple times and now it's quiet and smooth.
nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote