View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #145
ryans69chevy

Re: Fashionable Fever! - 1969 Chevy C10 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalthor View Post
The piece in post 135. The one side is non existent and the other side is half there on mine. Looks good though but tough to bend I bet.
I got a door and a fender I'm going to carve up for most of my patches. The curves look pretty close to the same as the roof skin. I'll have to track down one of those air flange tools, looks like it did a good job and would be handy to have with the amount of work I'm doing.
Yep that's the piece that was a bit hard for me to do with my harbor freight 36" brake. Like I said I bent one 90* then measured out to where the next 90* would be and welded a piece of 1/4 round steel along the line that I measured and used a wide vice crimp to bend a 90* in it. It took a bit of time, but turned out pretty good for not having the right metal brake. Also it will be mostly covered in the end.

The flange tool did an okay job. I'm sure they make a better one than what I have. I bought mine at a Napa a few years ago. It was probably $50. Funny thing is is I don't even have an air compressor... it's on my list to get!
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote