View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #22
andyh1956

Re: Deck restore on new wood bed

thanks Jay, I can tell a lot more about the bed now! I've got a table saw, an old DeWalt Radial Arm Saw & some DaDos for it.
I went by Lowes little while ago & 10' #2 pine I think was $8 & looked horrible! Too many knots! The "Select" pine was nice, but $30.58 a board! Holy Board Foot Batman!
For that kinda money I'll do synthetic any day!

I saw a company that makes aluminum extrusion bed panels for our trucks out at Pate last year. No strips or bolts show, but get ready to un ass from your pocket book!

If I remember right after reading the entire MAR K test the best long term preservative for pine was paint by a large margin.
Having said that I treated the wood floor in my car hauling trl with asphalt sealer. Soaked right in on rough cut pine boards from across the road from my house. Looking good after 25 or so yrs out in the weather. I spect the Creo seal would do similar.
On my lawn mower trl it was already oil stained when I got it so I do the used engine oil mixed with old mineral spirits from the parts washer trick on it. Remember to Recycle!

Last edited by andyh1956; 07-11-2018 at 05:43 PM.
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote