View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 12:27 AM   #49
Ozzy2013

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

[QUOTE=hugger6933;6575855]Shop owners aren't all jerks I ride all over the country looking at truck/cars parts whatever. I have driven a bunch a miles one way to write a free estimate I don't even write them as a normal course of my business. I usually don't do outside work, unless it is someone i have sold a truck to or someone that came to me on a recommendation. Lately though the wrecks have gone up so much [wrecked] and what I can get for them [done] is down] I'm doing more of the outside work,and part of my service in that is if somebody needs me to look at a dent or a wreck that they have had and the truck is 40-50 -60 miles away I'll take a ride. I don't know if it is so much customer courtesy with me or I'm just a nice guy almost to a fault.
Case in point I sold some friends a 07 Colorado Crew cab in 08 with about 7500 miles, it had been rebuilt by me. Right after Christmas, The lady called and said her husband had wrecked it and she was sending it to me for me to have. they had put tires on it in November and maybe I could use them or something off of it. She had given me the truck if I just would pay the flatbed ride to my place. well I did and the truck only needed a left 3/4 front on it,it was the mans only ride his wife had given it to me but I could not take it. Could you? I spent the next while chasing down some parts on the computer and fighting some of the coldest weather we have seen in a long time but I got all back together and spent long nights in front of this computer trying real hard to save every penny I could because the wreck was deemed his fault and his insurance didn't pay. So I got all done and delivered it to him 30 miles from my shop and gave him the bill and it was about $500 to $1500 short of what they were expecting to pay. I could have charged more but it ended up as shop filler any way so why. Ramble off I have to go to bed now. Sorry For long post.. Jim[/Quote You know they appreciate it. I try to help everyone i can most people don't but that's their loss.It is our duty in life to try and help i feel its a privilege my self.Awesome move on your part!
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote