View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

well like everyone else I got a ton done this weekend, but not much in actual project work. I had that ever growing trailer full of project scrap and so I chopped out the center of the S10 donor bed for future use and chucked it on the trailer too. I pulled the GMC head and some other parts to sell, wired up the trailer lights and got the eyesore out of the neighborhood. I wish I had a picture of the 49 frame and engine in the maw of that crane, it was like a scene from brave little toaster. but instead I took a picture of the bed floor.
IMG_7042 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got a pressure washer at 40% off as a labor day sale, best $250 I ever spent, all that time I spent grubbing around on that last truck. yeesh, never again.
IMG_7039 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7038 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I got 4 homer buckets at homer derpot to rescue my cherry picker from the GMC cab in the back yard, almost got it but the front wheels were stuck in the yard so I paused till my wife came home to help. this girl was shaking her web at me like a banshee. I think I can extract the picker and leaver her undisturbed. just a common garden spider, I saw her earlier this year when she was an adolescent and iridescent purple, I have been trying to find the picture and cant.
IMG_7041 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the wasps (remember those guys from getting this cab loose? yeah they are still there) took an interest in my progress so I had to retreat again.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote