View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 02:14 AM   #24
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

the 49 was rusted worse, someone had shot up the truck and the bullet holes let water in where it doesnt normally come in, one lodged in the windshield frame and rusted out a 12" section. that truck I see in my nightmares.

aside from the gas tank area and rear cab floor though, this one isnt so bad. it needs stuff like new hinge pins and a glovebox door, but I have all that. new dash too if I need it.

with these trucks 41-46, you take what you get. 41 was a new body style, then in December the US joined the war. they ran whatever they had left in early 42, then didnt start again till late 45. in 46 they were gearing up for the AD stuff, and in 47 it was a new body. so there really was only 2 years of production, and since farmers were used to replacing their trucks more often than every 5 years, the 41s were used up and beat up and really most of them died and went to scrap drives the ones that were left werent suitable for trade in. there were shortages in 46 and a lot of farmers were waiting to buy the 47, so REALLY small numbers. I can buy a whole 47-49 1/2 ton for what a pair of decent rear 41-46 fenders cost, especially the passenger rear fender, because with the tiny window and mirrors thats the one that got backed into posts.

anyway, long story short. you take what you get. thats why that guy on your post used the 1 1/2 ton front end and a ford bed, because finding 41-46 1/2 ton front and rear fenders and a bed would cost 50% of what he is asking.

edit: I am 100% sure this truck is actually a 42. it has the rubber rear window seal and plastic coated steel interior handles, hallmarks of the 42. but the VIN plate comes back as a 41, so that is what the title will be.

I picked up a cardborad freight sheetmetal brake today, gomma start fixing floor tomorrow.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 10-08-2017 at 01:33 AM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote