View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #34
Mack B

Re: timeless look and won't go out of style

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63burban View Post
Extremes, I grew up in the 60s and 70s so I guess I'm stuck with stock or vintage look. I'm really showing my age, aren't I ? Was always undecided until the last few years, the 60-70s Hot Rod stuff turns me on . Nothing like a set of Torque thrusts and custom paint and interior but still continuing to be a useful truck. Grew up on a farm, everything has to earn it's keep.
I can respect that, the styling trends during my youth hopefully won't make a resurgence. Hurricane wheels, stink bug stances, ZR-1 roll pans, top to bottom fade paint jobs......Texas tails.
I do see these trucks come up for sale from time to time, so there is some early 90s time capsules still floating around.

I've met a hand full of people buying and selling on this site, they all showed off their trucks and I showed my genuine interest in their projects. I've dug through piles of trim at swap meets with guys I have nothing else in common with other than a love for vintage cars. No way I would tell any one of these people their trucks where "crap" because it didn't fit my own perception of what a hot rod is or should be.
Mack B is offline   Reply With Quote