View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #113
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

I got it emission tested and got plates on it last week. Passed the test easily. I also got the windshield replaced (I have gotten pulled over for that before). So, other than wipers, this thing is legal.

After I got the glass done, I had to go to the parts house to get something and there is a hundred and one ways to get there from where I was to where I needed to be, so I chose the freeway. 6500lbs of untested iron at speed--what's the worst that could happen?? It drove nicer at 60-65 than it does at 40 around town. It drives real nice with the "old man" tires on it. It gets from 55-75 quite quickly, hehehe. When I first drove it it was pretty squirrely, but it got much better after I re-centered the steering box and clicked the front shocks up a notch.

It runs pretty good. It has decent power, but I need to turn at least one screw on the injection pump. Low boost fueling is lacking. There is a small amount, but not so much to make it a barrel of monkey to drive. It is a simple mod, but right now I am concentrating on a few other things, so it will come in time.

I aam getting close on some creature comfort type things, so hopefully I can post up some progress real soon.

Last edited by mosesburb; 08-11-2009 at 11:47 PM.
mosesburb is offline   Reply With Quote