View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #47
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Pre-LS swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66C06 View Post
I suppose you wouldn't have to change the tail shaft housing if the torque arm bracket wasn't going to be used. And you said no cars came with a 5.3, you said nothing about them having a 4L60e...

As for the torque arm thing; you still wouldn't have to change the tailshaft housing even if you did need to run a torque arm mount (which doesn't apply). There are relocation brackets and crossmembers designed for the cars that DO use torque arms. The tailshaft mount torque arm brackets can brake housings in high power applications, it wasn't the greatest place for it to start.

Remember the context of the thread; he asked a trans question about the 2000 and 2002 4.8 and 5.3 in question. There is no car with a 4.8 or 5.3 that could possibly apply to his situation, they all used the fwd configuration. Further, those all use the ls4, which isn't the same as the iron blocked 4.8 and 5.3 we are all referring to. It doesn't even have the same bellhousing pattern.
Don't get lost trying for a pissing match, its not helpful to the op.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote