Old 07-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #10
Farm Shop

Re: 1970 C10 "RATTY" - EFI 454/4L80e, patina, SWB 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodydropped68 View Post
Looking good love the big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg69 View Post
Nice build & workmanship - very cool that you're going with a late model EFI big block - it's refreshing to see a swap that doesn't involve an LS engine!
Thanks guys! An LS was the original plan, but after thinking it over I just couldn't get excited about another LS'd C10. Don't get me wrong, I love a clean LS swap, and LS performance/$ is hard to beat, but it didn't match my goals for the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Are you installing the engine/into the stock '70 frame???

You are doing it the way I would. I see folks spend loads of $$$ on these pickups, I don't have it to spend. I look for ways to make something work without a lot of $$$ leaving my pocket. It's still a free country.

I don't care for the manufactured patina look, but appreciate a vehicle that looks bone stock, and isn't.
I have a 67 that will start out that way. It had some good panels on it when I bought it. I have collected a bunch of fenders, doors, and a hood. Some are in good condition and some are terrible. My plan is to install all the worst looking panels first, to drive it, while body working the good panels into smooth and straight pieces. It will be a real "hillbilly" look'n pickup to start with. Almost every panel is a different color, LOL
Yep, 454 into the original C10 chassis using 1972 OE BBC mounts. I love watching the big $$$ builds, but I can't keep up with the Jones's. I'm going to make the most out of this truck that I can, on the realistic budget I have to work with. Sounds like you have a cool project as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chevorlet View Post
Very nice build you have going on there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 View Post
Hope pics stay here....lol. Looking really nice!
Thanks guys!
Farm Shop is offline   Reply With Quote