View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #19
MARTINSR

Re: making body filler look wet ?

On the subject at hand, I have a very hard time believing that I could see more than I could feel. With scratches going in all different directions the wax and grease remover is not going to be uniformly shiny to help you.

The VERY REAL possibility of the wax and grease remover being sucked up by the bondo is another huge issue with me.

Can it be done, sure, pro's do it. But what wax and grease remover, they aren't all the same some have very slow flash times. How fresh is the bondo? Is it fully cured? How wet would you have to apply the wax and grease remover, opening a giant, ugly door of failure.

Feeling it and looking at how the guide coat comes off (I very seldom use it) feeling it is the number one way to find stuff.

One old trick of mine is something I have a hard time getting apprentices to understand, if you are of state of mind that you hope you won't find anything.....you won't. And you will paint it and it will look like crap. But WANT to find something, hope to find something that you will have to fix, hope that you will have to re-do the whole thing, with that hope you WILL find the flaws, fix them and end up with a much better job.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote