View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #11
willem445

Re: 1980 Chevy K20 Farm Truck

Hey guys, finally made some progress on my truck...well not really on my truck but the donor truck.

I wanted to remove and clean up the cab on the 75 scottsdale donor truck to see if it would be worth swapping onto my 80. Also figured that since I would be pulling the cab I may as well pull the engine and transmission too.

Got the cab off.

And pulling the engine out. Notice my super fancy engine hoist

The aftermath of tearing apart the donor truck..

The two trucks together.

So far I am leaning towards swapping the cabs even though it would be some work. Most of the sheet metal on the donor cab is really good, little rust on the floor boards and cab corners but thats about it. The wiring harness on this cab is also way better than mine. My wiring harness in the 80 cab is literally a rats nest, wires going everywhere. I have no idea why someone felt the need to screw up the wiring so bad.

Few questions.
  • Will the 75 front wiring harness (lights, starter, alternator) plug into the 80 fuse panel on the firewall?
  • Should I try to sell the 1/2 ton longbox frame or should I just sell it for scrap metal?
  • I have the 75 5.7L V8 on an engine stand now, it will be my first venture into engine rebuilding. What are somethings to look for to see if its worth rebuilding this engine?
willem445 is offline   Reply With Quote