View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #8
jocko

Re: Rehabilitating a ‘71 C-10 Cheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpentyne View Post
Super? Do you mean Cheyenne?

I haven't seen a marking that it is. That's based on my dad saying it's a Cheyenne (his truck). I haven't looked close enough yet.

Heck... he even says it's a Cheyenne "Camper Special" but I'm not so sure. The VIN doesn't show any mention of that.

I'll check when I get back to the shop and see for sure. In fact, my dad claims that the original color is that yellow and white. I bet it's blue - the cab is blue. To which he responded "I painted that"

hmmmm...
It has all the tell-tale trim of a Cheyenne Super (which is a step above the Cheyenne trim level in the food chain). If it is a Cheyenne Super, it is not a Custom Camper (also) because the Custom Camper nameplate would have superseded the Cheyenne Super emblems (in 71). The VIN won't help - only the SPID or Build Sheet. The SPID is a sheet pasted on the inside of the glovebox door (looks like the picture below). The Build Sheet, if it still exists, is usually trapped between the seat springs and seat bottom. Looking fwd to seeing the SPID when you get a chance. Nice truck!

Ken, this is for you my friend
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote