View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
SSC's76
No No

Re: Your Favorite Budget MODs ($50)

Well since i cant use what i had laying around kinda kills it .

One recent mod I did under $4 make my stereo capable of playing and ipod or any phone mp3 player. Had pics on phone but deleted them sorry. What I have is a JVC cd player i got back in 06. I paid a couple hundred for it but it was just a few months before they made them MP3 capable and did not have an aux plug. Since all my speakers are ran off an kenwood amp figured I could tie into the amp. I know some people just use an mp3 player but i still wanted the cd player and radio functions. So what i found at the $1 store were rca cable splitters basicly a y jack they sell these at radio shack for $5 a peice and you will need 2 . Also at the dollar store i found a standard speaker jack "sorry forgot the technical name" to rca. so this one is another y jack with a 3 foot cord only downfall its white. I had the perfect size hole already under my dash for the plug to slide through below the stereo. a little tape lets say 50 cents and about 1 hour to make it perfect now if turn on my stereo it powers the amp i plug in my mp3 player turn the stereo volume down and use the volume on my mp3 player and it works perfect. The best part is since most our trucks have this hole you dont need to drill anything and there enough space you can kinda feed the plug cable under the dash when not in use and it doesent look out of place.

Edit: oh i forgot the coolest part if you have your phone plugged in you can make hands free calls to kinda like a jupiter jack
"as seen on tv" which they also sell at the dollar store lol i love that place. but yeah cool you can talk and drive hands free.
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler

Last edited by SSC's76; 06-20-2012 at 09:57 PM.
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote