View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 09:42 PM   #12
akart

Re: I called deaver springs today..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
if you want custom for our trucks just call offroad design . they have them built to THERE specs NOT the spring makers specs . guys have tryed both on the other site i chat on and notice a difference in the ORD spec built springs .

and ORD will NOT give you crap on the phone .
I bought a 2" lift from ORD and all the stuff to go/w there springs. Super shackles, poly bushings,every thing. I had 52' springs on the back and they sent me 56" springs for the back. They told me to move the back hangers,but they sent me the bolts to do it,what a (PIA),And the front springs rested/rubbed against the frame but they sent me new 1/2" longer front shackles. Not too bad to change out. but I ended up w/a 4" lift which they wore me down into accepting. My 500.00 shocks would have fit a 2" lift but I had to buy new ones to fit a 4" lift. I thought I was getting custom springs, NOT!! They said initially that they knew what I had as they are experts and they do this all the time. Also that they designed those springs back in like "84 or "92 and were not about to redesign something just for me. I just ended up excepting what I got and the extra work. Conclusion; If you order a 2" lift from ORD you will get a 4" lift and 56" springs for the back regardless of the fact that you gave them the specs for 52" rear springs. And I really don't feel like I have improved my ride much,and not 3K worth. I wish I would have gone somewhere else. Hope this helps.
akart is offline   Reply With Quote