View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #12
Dubnova

Re: 65 Big Window Build / Retro Mod …...

Thanks for reply guys When the truck gets here I will have to make a decision on whether or not to cut it up. The truck does look really nice in the pics. As we all know sometimes that is not the way that they look in person. After installing a 6.2 LS in my NOVA I have a real hard time not installing one in the truck. I still don't like the way they look in a HotRod but, they sure do make a lot of power and run very well. The stance and wheels are what give me concerns. Im think'n about dropping the truck as low as I can go without the "C" at first and keeping the steel wheels with whites. AC is a must in Alabama about 9 months a year (except for all of snow we have had this year!) so Im trying to decide between a Vintage Air surfit or a mark IV under dash unit. Im kinda leaning restomod with the modern running gear and keeping the appearance factory with a lower stance. I can't wait to start on this thing. I have two teenage sons who are going to help on this one and I'm planing on letting them have some input on the build. We have already spent way to much time looking at trucks on this site LOL! I just hope the older son changes his mind. He wants a GMPP 572 and six speed.
Dubnova is offline   Reply With Quote