View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
VH Coachworks

Re: HOW TO: Install HID Lighting & HID lighting explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
This, with the emphasis on the glare cap. I have also been running drop-in HIDs for several years now and have NOT been flashed a single time. I also have a car with OEM HIDs, so I do know what a good HID cutoff looks like. It is true that you'll never get that with some HIDs in a reflector housing, but with my drop-in HIDs, I can surely see much farther down the road with a brighter, whiter light than halogens. I only put HIDs in housings that at least have a glare cap. It's amazing how much of a difference that it, along with some careful aiming, can make.

My eyes are extremely sensitive to light. If I can face my own vehicle head-on and have it behind me without bothering me, then I know that most other drivers aren't being bothered either. Some of the most annoying glare I encounter from HIDs comes from the current generation Escalades. There's something about those things. I've encountered plenty of other vehicles with drop-in HIDs that didn't bother me at all, yet there are plenty of those idiots out there who don't give a care.

You can't just make a blanket statement saying it can't be done without bad glare and does nothing to improve the lighting. Are drop-in HIDs in halogen reflector housings optimal? No. Never will be. Can it be done safely in a way that doesn't cause problems for other drivers? Absolutely.
I couldn't of said it better, this is a great post with a very very valid points!
VH Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote