Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #120
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well I got to a stopping point and had to sit down and order parts..I went to Summit Racing in Atlanta and got a few things but was really disappointed that I couldn't find the things I needed..Summit has a lot of "Pretty" stuff but not what I needed.

I was able to find the water pump bypass fitting on Ebay from a very nice man...I was also able to get the GM part number for it and a place to buy them if anyone needs that part...Ironically it goes on a 63-68 Corvette but its the same fitting that cam on the truck...

So yesterday I ordered a BUNCH of stuff from LMC, American Classic Trucks, and Del City..Del City sells electrical supplies.

I did order a new gas tank and sender while I was at it....It is a 24 gallon tank that fits behind the seat...like I said earlier I plan on driving this truck so 24 gallons means I will be able to cruise for awhile.

The other issue I am having is finding a good 700R4 core for Randy to build...we found 3 so far but the cases were bad and not rebuildable.

My plan now is to get the motor set back in this weekend and get the engine bay buttoned up until I can get the tranny etc..installed and here my baby run.

Im still contemplating redoing the valve covers...gotta figure out a good way to do them so they look good.....

AND of course am still looking for an original steering column...I have learned that a C20 would be a perfect fit especially for the tranny I am using but at this point as long as it is an original steering column I will make it work...maybe soon I will find one.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote