View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #199
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

We had a very productive day in the shop today. I ran to get parts and Chris started pulling all the masking. While he was preparing the area, I was assembling the hub. I inspected the wheel bearings and saw that they were fairly new. They were Timken brand so I felt no need to replace them. I cleaned all the old grease out and packed them fresh. I pressed in new seals and was ready to reassemble everything.

The truck came with a mix and match drop, but it's all name brand so I'm leaving it. The spindles are CPP, springs are Western Chassis, and shocks are Ground Force. Everything is new so it gets blasted, painted, and reinstalled

I plan to install a tall upper shock mount, but I'm short on fabrication time so I went with what I had. The upper mounting stud was really loose but fortunately it wasn't stripped. I put everything back in place and added a cherry on top.
We did a brake upgrade with a set of Wildwood D52 replacement calipers. They will improve braking and look sweet with the slotted rotors.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote