View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
WorkinLonghorn

Re: Electrical Troubles - C10 Chevy 1971

Quote:
After cleaning several grounds, having the truck start up fine again, with headlights working, noticed heater fan switch, turn signals, hazard, cig lighter, only produces a GEN ALT light. not working at all...
OK.The hazard and turn sigs are on one circuit. Cig is the fuse to the left of that.Heater fan is left and lower to that.If it was me,I'd disconnect the battery and lossen the fuse panel (I think it's one screw),pull it apart and see which wire(s) is loose.
>>My last truck had been monkeyed with and I had to re-do some of the crappy splices,and crimp on some fresh connectors etc.It's really a piece of cake.
>>Don't start looking for a good cliff just yet.
>>Of course you check the fuses too and you might try just pushing the wires in from the engine side to see if you get momentary completion of some of those cicuits.
Now if still no joy,break out the volt meter and check that each fuse listed above is hot (ground one lead and touch hot side of fuse or either side if you have good fuse.If good,follow the wire to were the previous owner made some pathetic joke of a splice and repair it.But since you have multiple circuits suddenly out,it should be very obvious when you look at the panel backside.

Last edited by WorkinLonghorn; 01-31-2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: addition
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote