View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

May 4th weekend:

It is a slight relief seeing myself putting parts on the frame and not taking them off. I am glad I took the time to paint the frame and parts. Even though I am just putting the body back on how it is it just cleans everything up and makes everything nicer to work with.

We started mocking up the front end. The front leafs were a little bit of a pain to put back in, but with a little persuasion with a strap and a rubber mallet they went in. I soon found out that the front axle is not a universal fit - it goes only one way (I patted myself on the back for properly indicating that when I was taking it out haha). So I have to turn the pins around for the keepers next weekend. We drilled out the holes in the spindles for the new disc brake setup from CPP and hung the caliper brackets. We are currently reaming out the steering arms for tie rod ends and ran out of time so I couldn't hang the rest of the brake setup.

We also began working on the rear end mock up. I am currently waiting on my parts from CPP, so hopefully they will be there by this weekend so finish the mock up and painting the parts.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote