View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #42
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

Alright, alright, alright. Sorry, I haven’t been on the board much lately. I got laid off from my job a few months ago like a lot of others have. I haven’t had any money to dump into the Blazer pit and to be honest getting on here just kind of depressed me. I’m kidding a little. Sometimes it’s hard to see others finished projects when I can’t make progress on mine. (I’m a little childish, I know ) Not to mention I was also in the process of building a little shop when all this happened so that got put on hold as well. ALSO, an uninsured motorist rear ended my DD Dodge back in April so I had to come up with a deductible for that. Anyway, I’m NOT trying to throw a sob story on anyone, but y'all asked for it just letting you know what the deal is. Luckily my wife has a decent job and after making some adjustments we are keeping our heads above water while I go on interviews/look for work, so all is good.

Back to the Blazer. I really haven’t done a lot lately other than a little tinkering on things here and there. Also, I have been pulling a few things off the parts truck as I get around to it. One of the things I am working on is getting the inner kick panel out of the parts truck and grafting it into the Blazer. You might ask yourself, “Self, why would this guy pull a kick panel out of a parts truck when he could just buy an aftermarket patch panel from a vendor?” Well, I pulled the dash and windshield out of the Critter and it had a little rust in the lower driver’s corner of the windshield frame. That along with the rust that you have seen around the kick panel vent door made me want to graft a whole new piece in there. So I have been busy chopping things up to get at the desired pieces. Here are a couple pics showing the area to help “tame the beast” that loves pics.

By the way, don’t think for a minute that this project is dead. It is VERY much on my mind. I am just taking a break for a little bit. Thanks for the interest guys.

71Jimmy, PM sent back.
Attached Images

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote