View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
cericd

Re: Correct Image Rotation

I hear ya Tim.

One of the problems is that the iphone, and other devices like it are not "real cameras" but they're just so darned convenient so they get used as such. The main problem is that the iphone and vBulletin forums don't play well together and people who post images that are sideways or upside down generally can't be bothered to correct the issue themselves. I personally couldn't stand to post sideways or upside down photos. I'd actually remove those photos from my post if I couldn't figure out how to correct the problem.

Regarding the "Uncle Melvin" issue. People can still take vertically oriented photos on their iphones, they'll just have to learn to use an external piece of software to correct the orientation prior to uploading them to the forum. That brings us back to the "can't be bothered" issue. That's why I made the simple graphic in my original post. If people follow that graphic, their photos will always post properly and they won't have to learn how to use any new software.

I originally created this thread as something anyone could link back to as an example in someone else's thread which contained rotated images and I did that for a while but no one seemed to care. It seems most people are content to crane their necks or correct the images for others. Oh well.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872

Last edited by cericd; 09-08-2017 at 09:14 AM.
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote