View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #276
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Crewcab Jake" the 84 to 74 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
I doubt you would ever want to change back. These are way better than the stock gauges. The stock setup is not all that confidence inspiring with that flimsy printed circuit. Mine was delaminating in spots. I was kind of surprised everything worked when I put it back together. If you have any more pictures of the instal, post them up! I noticed in the instructions there was a control box and rocker panel switch and I’m cuorious how y’all mounted that stuff.
I don't see me ever going backwards with this install either. I'm the "just in case" kind of guy though. I have built several GM clusters and love them in general. The Dakota Digital RTX cluster just blows them away for performing and aesthetics.

If you look closely to the far left in the dash opening you can see where we mounted the Dakota Digital control module. We had to relocate a factory ground terminal down lower to make room. We fabricated a flat bracket for the module to attach to because there is not enough flat surface area.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote