View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #116
colgad

Re: 72 2wd project "No Daggum Money"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
Not an expert yet and maybe never. This is a highly respectable line of work to be in. I may take some classes to get better and get a license.
As for the sweat- It's sweating so you don't have to! HAHA!
No really though, Does the unit have a good drain set up? Make sure it's dripping well at idle. And yes the humidity and amount of humidity will sweat the evap. This is how it removes condensation from your air. Cab leaks and having the outside air on can contribute to excessive condensation. I am not an expert on Vintage Air Systems but if I am right they do not have an outside air option.
Having two of the same units gives you a great advantage. Make sure both have the same readings on your gauges and basically make them the same. This is how I fixed my wife's A/C. I also had some great help from some fellas on here that provided Schematics for the electrical on the vehicle. Without that I could not have fixed it correctly.
These are bot running the SD508 right? Oh and be sure your insulation is not touching the evap. It needs good flow to Evaporate the condensation.
Probably doesn't need any if it did not come with it. It's technically a dehumidifier as well as a heat remover=by-product is the cool air. I think. I cannot even see my evaporators in the cars so they may be sweating crazy. I know my house unit sweats so much that it NOW has a steady stream of condensation from the drain. My windows are old and keep going thru the doors all day though.
Sorry I should have explain it better, there is plenty or water from the inside of the evaporator draining out, the drain hose it condensation on the outside of the evaporator housing that is dripping on the carpet. I know that any thing cold that meets some warm humid air will create condensation so I attempted to insulate the outside of the evap box from the warm air inside the Blazer. It has helped but still an issue. I hope that cleared it up a bit
1955 Red-Cream, Chevrolet Nomad, restoration on hold
2004 Black, Corvette Z06 LS6 convertible (Rock solid Fun) 2011/2018 Power Tour
colgad is offline   Reply With Quote