Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #142
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

More progress. Finished shaving the firewall - there were still a few small holes I needed to weld up, also added three holes in the center, two for the coils and one for the main harness. I also put some body filler on it to get it laser straight as before i just seam sealed it and called it good. Had a buddy come and shoot some PPG 23048 which is the anniversay gold. It matches real well. Took 7 coats to cover though as it's a very translucent paint. Got the motor back in with some small block valve cover adapters. Got a PSI harness to replace the OEM one I had and she's back to running 3 months later. Instead of running pigtails off the coil park harness I unpinned the plug, unloomed the harness, pulled it all back before the firewall grommet, added a ground and repinned everything. That way I don't have a wire going out of the cab just to come back in. I used ICT coil mounts and put them underneath the rain tray and siliconed the holes from the top side. Made the wires to length using some ceramic boots and high temp wires. Had to move the alternator from the lower driverside position to upper passenger side because it hit the steering rack. Finally got around to mounting the hood with the porterbuilt hinges. Still need to do a few small brake lines, bleed the MC and brakes, adjust the shift column linkage (doesn't go lower than drive currently) and some other small things like figure out coolant hoses. It's the little things that slow you down.

I really love how clean the engine bay is - for now atleast. I desperately want to get some Hills inner fenders and I want to make a cover for the chassis wiring on the drivers side. I'll also get around to splitting the alternator and having the casing powder coated black. It looks like crap with the OEM silver.

68 Anniversary build - LS swap & Porterbuilt
Instagram @fourdoorphill

Last edited by Phill0406; 04-26-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote