View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 07:03 AM   #13
dazza

Re: A quick look at the Hickey worm gear winch

First off Bruce, please accept my apologies, I haven't been on here too often over the last year or so(finishing up this truck) and never think to check messages unless the pop-up tells me there is one... and I must have saw yours and then spaced it completely. Really sorry.

As I told Jeff, I've been going back and forth on which one to mount (if only other things in life were such a hard decision, right??), I like them both and have even looked at maybe mounting one on the rear. I'm not concerned with height so much and just today I had my nephew help me fab up a cross mount and have almost got the sidewinder mounted.

I figure once that is mounted swapping between them should be easy if I decide I'm not happy with the sidewinder. As for the bumper there's a pic below of how the original installer cut it up for the fairlead, which I can cover up with the license plate. I've looked at trying to get the sidewinder up that high but doesn't look possible or a much bigger project that I don't have the time to take on.

I had a NOS bumper but made sure I sold it before I brought out the torch!, I don't think I had the nerve to cut it up anyways!

it looks happy enough!
Attached Images

'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote