View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #2318
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyV View Post
Wow! Just wow!!!!
I cant believe i missed this build till now!
KILLER work! Hope i get to see it in person someday!
Thanks, Big, never too late to join the party. We've made the All Truck Nats in Riverside, MO for the last seven years. Plus cruise-ins and road trips. Hope to see you somewhere along the line. (At 6'6" you're probably hard to miss.)

So, I ran into a problem acquiring seat belt guide bezels for both side covers. They come with the seat belt assembly and it appears that pickers remove the retaining nut from the belt mount and yank the bezel out with the belt. Most of the seats you see for sale on eBay are missing those pieces. GM only sells them as part of the belt assembly. Lowest price new I found was around $105... each. My local Pick N Pull had nothing that new and the late model yard wants $67 each. It's possible that if I went there in person and explained I only want the small plastic bezel, they might have something that would be otherwise unsellable, but rather than slog thru the mud and the blood and the beer, I machined a pair from 1/8" aluminum plate. Will paint or powder coat them and use a small trim screw to hold them in the recess. And Bob's your uncle.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote