View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
chefk85

Exclamation Wiring fuel pump circuit with Oil Pressure switch and relay questions

Hey guys. Trying to finish up my L31 5.7 vortec swap but I'm a dummy when it comes to wiring. Hopefully VETTEVETT will see this as I also will be wiring in a CS130D alternator and was hoping to post a few pictures about that later on in this thread.

I have a holley mighty mite fuel pump on the frame rail. I also bought a relay kit from Jegs that I have mounted on my firewall by the blower fan housing. Another thing I bought was an oil pressure safety switch from jegs screwed in above the oil filter.

I see there are different styles of oil pressure switches. The one I have has three terminals and are labeled as followed. NO(normally open) NC(normally closed) and C(Common)

The relay I bought has a ground wire, fuel pump wire, ignition wire, and power lead wire with circuit breaker I will install inline.

I bought a 5 amp inline fuse per the instructions with the fuel pump that I will place inline with the fuel pump power wire(I think?)

So all of these kits come with instructions on how to wire them separately but I am having trouble figuring out how to wire them all together and not blow anything up. Electrical is my kryptonite. Please help me get this thing on the road safely.

Alternator stuff will come later, but I think its good to note here that I will be running new wire for this as the alternator is on the passenger side with my new setup and I will be using a bus bar/4 post junction block on the fender well to route power per VETTEVETS instructions.

Thank you all so much for your words of wisdom and kindness on this forum and I look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Sincerely,
Chefk85
93 Burb K1500. 350/4l60e Parting out.
2001 Tahoe LT, 5.3, autoride, 265/75s, leather, loaded, family hauler, 243k miles!
chefk85 is offline   Reply With Quote