View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
I’m in for this one too... but don’t give up on the truck!
Never! It’s part of the family
Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post
Ok - in for this one. I have a 71 4wd blazer running/driving project in the garage right now that I may go this route on... haven't decided what I want to do with it yet. This thread may change that though. You going to keep it 6 lug or swap it all to 5 lug as part of the process?
Plan is for 5 lug, so I can do the torq thrusts. Any 12-bolt or 10-bolt axle from 71-87 will slide right in and are readily available cheap. Even new replacement axles are relatively inexpensive. I have pondered using the 6-lug conversion discs and 15” wheel vintiques steelies with dog dishes, but the 20” TTs just look so good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
I'm watching!
This is at least partially your fault, thanks for tagging along
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwade View Post
What’s the cost on the rear notch kit? I’ve got a project in mind these would work nicely on

Wade
azproperformance.com has it for $645 shipped. I went direct through DEG and added a second crossmember for $100, which will locate above/near the spring perches to minimize framerail flex. Also got a set of their front shock relocators for $80.

Jason at DEG was great to talk to, answered all of my questions and then some, sent me a bunch of pics, and offered free shipping. Satisfied customer so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblueoval View Post
Subscribed!

Maybe this will give me motivation to finish my 4x4 to 2x4 Porterbuilt C4 swap.
Yes, what’s taking so long? I’ve not finished three Blazers in the time you’ve not finished 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
I’m in!
Come on in, the water’s warm

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote