View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
simicrintz

Re: Blazer Shout-Out in Hagerty Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt View Post
I feel that that implying the K5 values are being swept along in the Broncos wake is a bit unfair.

It's a completely different animal. It's larger, has modern comforts such as interior, storage space, power steering and brakes and even AC. And in most cases faster.

So many buyers opt for a Bronco, or Scout, or Land Rover, or Cruiser only to find that they are loud, uncomfortable, too slow for most modern traffic, lack the brakes required for modern conditions, and utterly difficult to integrate into their modern lifestyle. They become solely weekend short jaunt toys and rarely functional for weekend family trips, or the occasional drive to the office.

The Blazer is the classic that addresses all of these issues. In my opinion they should be leading the segment.
Admittedly I am new to the Blazer family, but I have had my '68 Jeepster for about 35 years now. In the last couple of weeks I have driven both vehicles to my office (about 12 miles away) and around town to run errands (I drove the Blazer back to San Diego from Arizona-about 500 miles-when I first got it and I did about the same mileage in the Jeepster in Moab in April). Neither vehicle is my all around favorite and I like them both for different reasons. The one thing that I do like about the Blazer is that everything is available for them (and nothing is available for the Jeepster)! Jeepsters are still not worth anything either if someone is looking for another project!