View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #25
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Thanks, the valve covers are one of my favorite parts so far.

Only had a few hours to work on the truck this weekend, installed the Camaro water pump. Using it to hopefully have a cleaner hose install with stock radiator inlet and outlet location. Also bolted on the alt/ps bracket, waiting on my ps pump to come in but we tried the alternator and it didn't fit between the frame rails. I wanted to run the lager 140 amp vs 105 amp alternator but it doesn't quite fit. The case is a little bit bigger on the higher amp one, so I am probably going to try the 105 and see how it looks. If it doesn't fit Ill have to cut the frame and will then most likely go with the larger one anyhow. I really dont want to do any cutting on my nicely coated frame, but I might not have a choice, its too bad this bracket wouldn't have been out 6 months ago.

Set the motor and transmission in the frame and looked at my AC compressor location and it looks like that will fit without too many problems. Probably going with Dirty Dingo for that bracket, it only uses two of the three bottom holes on the block, my third hole is blocked so it will hopefully fit a little easier.

Have some time off this next week, hope to have my intake done, and my belt drive close to being done. Will probably order my rear end stuff and maybe work on that next weekend. Waiting on my bolts to get back from being replated before I can start on about anything else, should be back within about a week.

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote