View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #51
Earlthe3rd

Re: Bigblocks '77 truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
The latest upgrade to the '77 has been a complete static drop. Western Chassis flip kit in the rear (6"), Western Chassis 2.5" drop spindles and factory cut coil in the front (1.5 coils removed)...giving me approx 5.5/6 drop. All new Doetsch shocks on all four corners, upper/lower ball joint, inner/outer tie rod ends, new center sleeves, and sway bar bushings. I think I cut too much out of the coils, have some fender rub over medium size bumps...so might have to raise the front a little with new 2" drop coils, something I might putt off until spring. The rear was a PITA, half the bolts were siezed to the bushing sleeves, so I had the cut the bolts out. After all that, I found out I have a broken eyelet on one of the leafs...so new leafs were purchased. So much for the "low buck" approach...the budget was blown on this drop! Here is the only pic I have after the drop, I'll get some more soon and post them up.

Jeff I LOVE YOUR TRUCK

I don't mean to highjack your build thread but while still following the set up you've got, what would you guys recommend i do to lower the back end to level or at least just about level?
thanks for any help!

Last edited by Earlthe3rd; 06-25-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Earlthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote