View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #284
SCOTI

Re: 2" Drop Trailing arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
from wat i can see on the pics it should work on a dually it end at the same spot the leafsprings would , i dont know if you need spacers for the crossmember in the higher c30 chassis or if it will fit a straight beam chassis cab version and you prolly need larger U-bolds and saddles for the 14 bolt rearend ...... not realy hard stuff to change youreself if needed .

one thing im happy about , i was afraid it wouldnt fit a th400 with a gearvendor but theres plenty of room between the tail of the automatic and the crossmember ...... did you done the mockup on a longbed or a schortbed nathan ?
I used to pester Nathan about the truck arm set-up when I had my 74. Having owned one of each short wheel base trucks (truck-arm w/coils vs leafs), I can say w/o any doubt the truck arm offered a superior ride per dollar invested.

Now that the 74 is doing new things w/it's new owner, I have the dually & always thought the T/A's could work on one of these as well w/the right design set-up. I was only kidding though when I asked the question.....
Quote:
Awesome Mr. Porter! I wonder if it would work on a dually......
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote