View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
ACGUY71

Re: Heated and Cooled Seat question

hi guys, sorry for dragging up such a old thread. so here is what I have done, we custom fabbed brackets for 2018 heated cooled seats. great, now they fit, center console (yea cupholders and cell charger) and they fit nice. I did remove the head rest. they simply just are too damn big. now, I purchased a seat heater kit on ebay, and simply used the wiring to the existing heaters on the seats. (perfect) so, the switch is now in the exact spot that the lighter was. (fit perfect with bezel) they are HI, LOW and only both, not back or bottom. but this is fine with me. this fixed my problem with the heated part and under 100$$ (now i have extra elements.) as far as the cooled part, this is the hard part. I was thinking of taking apart some aftermarket stuff to see if the cooler controls will work with the seat cooler fans. If I can't, the only other recourse would be to just put in 2 speed fan motors, and get rid of the brushless motors all to gether. however, seriously, this is not rocket science, there has to be a controller that will interchange, we just have not found it yet. There is only one thing I don't like about these seats. the airbags blew, a seat guy fixed the leather. but, the upper clips in the foam are not down like they should be and on hot days, there is 2 dimples. a foam back change will fix the problem, but hell, I just got them in, and I'm still trying to do other projects. thanks for listening, and if you hear of anything on the cooled seats.... please share. In agreement with the guy up a few posts.... after having these, it's hard to go without. (yes, our winters in CA are 50 degrees or so, but hell our summers are over 110... (good thing I'm an a/c guy!!)
ACGUY71 is offline   Reply With Quote