View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 07:09 AM   #169
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Started tinkering with the engine last night. I am trying to learn as much as I can about these diesels. First I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a remote mounted PMD.

I didn't, it was right where the factory put it, and was covered up by a rats nest! I don't know fellas but I think that may have been the problem!

Pulled the filter to check it..

Next I pulled the intake cover.

I also pulled the thermostat housing, I guess that is what you would call it and I looked down in the heads and down in the water pump and even in the opening where a "350 timing chain normally is." It looks ridiculously clean inside. The turbo was even really tight with no side to side or forward to back play.

I may get it where I can pull valve covers and drop oil pan and if everything looks good, slap it back together and see about getting it to run.

I will need to replace glow plugs, I wish I had an easy way of getting the injectors checked. Fingers crossed I won't have to throw money at this thing!

Also considering PMD relocate of course, as well as the newer style dual thermostat housing and any other little tricks I can throw at it that won't break the bank.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote