View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #61
hewittca

Shortbed Conversion, Part 2

I was able to work on the truck this weekend and we finally got it back on the ground as a roller. This update should give you a better idea of how the 2.5" step is integrated and looks on the ground.

We finished off the frame by adding in the bracing plates that I showed in the previous post, and then adding some paint to help blend it into the existing frame. At this stage in the build, I don't plan on repainting the entire chassis, so I just wanted it to blend in. I also had to drop the bumper 2.5". In the third photo, you can see the drop plates we added to the bumper mounts.

Next, we set the truck back on its own 4 wheels to see how it settled.

We also rolled the truck outside and threw the bed floor on for a better look at the results.

I thought there would be a lot of rear rake with the 2.5" drop in the rear, but to my surprise the rocker was level. Apparently there was a decent amount of front rake that I never noticed. Regardless, even with the rocker level, I will still need to come down quite a bit in the front because I have 4" of wheel gap up front and 1" in the rear. I prefer the equal wheel gap look vs the level look.

The final step is to finish off the bed and take care of a few other small odds and ends. I hope to have the truck completed by the end of the year, but we'll see. Both my dad and myself are quite busy this holiday season. Stay tuned!
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote