View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 AM   #23
Andy4639
Old member

Re: Remote solenoid install by pictures

This is what I'm try to find out. Why have the load on one side and a smaller amp wire on the other.
VetteVet,
I understand the principle of the selonoid just not understanding the wiring here. Why are you using smaller wire for the outlet side? I'm not wanting to be a pain, just wanting to understand.
I have wired all kinds of selonoids in golf carts up to 144 volts and have never seen one wired like this. I have wired them in series and Parallel and never seen this done.

Here is a solenoid I hooked to 72 volts. The two bigger cables are seeing 72 volts at 150 amps, the smaller two wires are the activating @48 volts and about 40 amps.

Seems to me you would run the battery cable off the b side to starter then a small jumper to the s terminal. This way the amp draw is all the same. the remote selonoid is just 12 volts with very low amp draw. I'm assuming the remote selonoid is grounded by the frame since no wire is shown. I'm truley not trying to be a pain. I just want to understand this wiring.
This is how I would have done it. This way you get full amperage and it's cut off when not being used. Can you tell I'm bored @ work.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote