View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #118
rusty76

Re: Rusty76 and his '76

I’ll be honest here. I’ve lost my motivation. I used to be a really motivated person. But something changed. I’ve got a list a mile long of things that need to be done between my house and my moms. A job I’ve worked for 16 years that I’m slowly losing interest in. I’m grateful for my job. Blessed beyond comprehension. But something isn’t clicking. I work 40 plus hours a week. Then work almost every weekend doing events and festivals around our area. When I am home I don’t want to do anything.

Right before we moved into our house I drove my 76 to my buddies house. Tore the motor out and well it sat at his house. Then when we bought our house I brought it to my house. Slid it under the carport. I eventually started messing with it. Piddling at best. I cleaned out the cab and bed. Took a pressure washer to it and that was it. Then the house needed a roof. Then my mom needed help and so on. I’ve learned to take care of everything else kinda.

It is depressing to know that I worry what next? I do feel the need to do something with it. Good or bad. Driveway art isn’t really my thing. I’ve owned this truck for many years. I never hated it. It was simple, fun to drive and relatively fast. I drove everyday until gas got out of hand. With the seat springs biting me in the rear and the worst driving vehicle in the rain. Ran like crap when it rained. I have no idea why.

I can’t give you advice. But I will say this don’t loose faith in what you want to do with the 51. If you have the skills to do most of the work your well ahead of me. If not you’re not far from the shops and people who can make it happen.

I’ll probably shut this thread down eventually. I’d like a do over. Seems funny but truly I’m ready to start doing something. It’s going to happen. One way or another. Take care and thanks for looking in. Good luck.
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote