View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #100
C20scott

Re: Backyard Cummins

Thanks everyone. Trying to keep rolling on this thing, its hard with all of my other weekend hobbies.

Paint was Sherwin William's "Dimension". It was a 3 part color/reducer/catalyst mix of single stage urethane. I went this route on the inside due to the fact that it was easier. Also, the inside doesn't need to take the punishment that the outside will take, nor does it have to be as flawless to look good. There are no wide open areas to expose imperfections. That said, I am planning on having the outside painted professionally. I am no painter.

The gun i used was the purple chinese one from HF. Kit comes with [2] guns. I used the big gun for both primer and paint. Used the 1.8 tip for primer, and the 1.4 tip for paint. After i got all of the settings figured out, the gun worked for me. Noticed that i had to be at a higher pressure than recommended to get the consistency that i wanted. I also played with my primer dilution alittle bit. Like i said, i have no intention of painting the outside myself, and if I did, I would buy a much better paint gun!