View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #95
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Quote:
Originally Posted by notchbackgta View Post
I can totally relate, it made me laugh out loud, for real
As you will soon see my madness with cleaning and painting parts that noone will see continues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notchbackgta View Post
Usually you use solvent in a parts washer, not a water based degreaser, that may be your issue
I wanted to use diesel fuel but the instructions said that petroleum based would void the warranty. Turns out the degreaser works fairly well if you soak the parts and let them sit for an hour or so before scrubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
Actually solvent based parts washers are all most a thing of the past....to many insurance and epa type hassle with them ( flammable and health risks) the "trend is towards heated filtered biologic based oil eating enzyme or water soluable cleaners. Though unless you have like a sealed industrial high pressure dishwasher type....they are not all that impressive.....then again I washed a lot of parts in MEK in my day too....and not saying we should necessarily go back.....
Probably shouldn't go back, no telling what mutations are going on in my DNA right now after all of the gasoline, diesel and carb cleaner over the years - not to mention the herbicides and pesticides I've used!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer_hunter_088 View Post
I wanna see the finished truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting closer every weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Engine and brackets came out looking really good! Looking forward to seeing the cab installation too.
Thanks Doug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer_hunter_088 View Post
You better ive been watching this build for a loooooooong time
I aim to please And thanks for watching, it justifies all the time spent posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Cant wait to see more .
Read on my friend...