Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 07:13 PM   #1564
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Man that looks sweet! So when are you opening your own custom fab and off-road shop?
Thanks Tony! I'd love to do this professionally, but I'm not in the right area of the world for it. Hard place to make things like that work. I'm not sure we'll be here long term though. Maybe one day I'll get someone convinced to give me some money for a sweet ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenburb View Post
What a great build for the last 4 years..
Sadly this weekend marks five years since I started the resurrection. I do enjoy looking at the work on the truck and seeing how I've grown and improved as it went on, but I'd sure like to drive it... Haha. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitg View Post
Ryan:

As always, your work is fantastic, especially the welds. I love the bender.

Burnett
Burnett, thanks! I was beating myself up on them a little. I've welded with a transformer machine professionally for years and I feel like this inverter makes me look bad. I still haven't had enough seat time to get used to it. But I have burned up nearly a whole t bottle of argon. I was laughing to myself about being a tig snob the other day. I haven't turned on the mm250 since sometime in 2015. I do have a job for it this weekend though so the streak dies.

Literally the day after I made my 'bender' someone on IG posted a pic of a super intricate cnc cut, extra nice taco gusset bender. Made me chuckle. Mine is back in the scraps pile where it came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
an, those look awesome! Those welds look like money to me!
Thanks dude. Stack of dimes, eh? Maybe pesos. I think I coulda done it more slick, but as I learned early on in weldering, paint fixes everything!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote