View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
JetForceF22

Re: Throttle Mashing hesitation?

Okay,

To first answer your question, this has been doing this about a year before the Transmission broke down, and was extremely bad the winter before it broke down. When I changed the Fuel Filter, the truck felt like it was running new, but before I could really get a feel for it the transmission quit about 2 weeks later.

Well just thinking back, I did adjust (loosen) the throttle cable screw to put more tension on the throttle cable for immediate response when I push the pedal, I don't think that would be causing this issue.

Yes its only doing it when I'm in gear, (I'm 99% sure) I'll double check that tomorrow too.

The TV Cable.. is that related to the transmission? I'm not to familiar with that

Fuel pressure as far as I can remember stays the same when I mash the pedal. The TBI has a sensor that actually raises fuel pressure when idling. As far as I know that shouldn't be a issue either, I'll double check it tomorrow when I drive.

I have no idea how good of condition the timing chain is, I don't think its ever been replaced, so that very well could be the issue, but would that explain why the truck seems to only hesitate when its warmed up? As opposed to running stronger when its cold? Either way I prob need a new timing chain (or go to a gear drive haha)

I'm pretty sure its not the fuel lines, I checked all the lines after I did the ULTIMATE TBI mod (that's when I installed the new fuel pump ect.) and have no leaks on the lines. The lines however are pretty close to the transmission.

I'm unfamiliar with the MAP sensor (Except the basic understanding of what it does) and just doing a little research says these can go bad and cause fuel delivery problems.

And I know little about the Throttle Positioning Sensor.

Thanks for your quick response, I'll get back to you after I drive her some tomorrow to give you more definitive answers on what I can answer haha Thank you!
1972 3/4 Ton Cheyenne Super, 350ci 650 cfm Edelbrock 4bbl Performer AVS, Edelbrock Torquer intake manifold, Headman Longtube Headers to 2 1/2in cutouts to 3 inch flowmaster super 40's true dual. 4.10? Rear SM-465/205 transfer case. Now this one is busted!! http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...k/1972 Pickup/
1995 K1500 Silverado 5.7L 350 TBI with 1in swirl torque spacer, Flowtech shorty headers, 3 inch collectors to y pipe going to 3in highlfow cat converter, single offset passenger side outlet, full 3 inch setup from collectors. Edelbrock High Flow 255LPH/67GPH Fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge, running at about 18psi. 3.73 Rear 4L60-E 4 speed auto (Rebuilt)http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...1995%20Pickup/
JetForceF22 is offline   Reply With Quote