View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
fun in dirt
Registered User
fun in dirt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,712
Re: "The Bucket" project diary

Saturday we got the rearend sandblasted & epoxy primed. If you've ever sandblasted anything you know why I wore a welding hood with a clear shield in it. It one of those jobs where you just have to "get nasty with it." Bought all new seals to replace...having a hard time finding the crush sleeve.Parts stores around here only have them listed for a 8.5" ring-gear. So need to order that I guess. Saving up my $ now for the rotors & calipers.
Plan on painting both the front & rearend housings with Rustoleum black hammered paint. That's what we used on the roll cage of my husbands Chevelle & it looks good against black for a little something different. Really turns outkind-of a dark gray color. Just roll it on to get a good consistent pattern, which means it is also a good bit tougher than just spraying something on...figure it will hold up again the mud & gravel that will be pounding on them.
Attached Images
'72 Blazer "The Bucket"
'55 Chevy in progress gasser build
'01 2500 wagon
'06 3500 Duramax ...tow truck
'06 Silverado SS...DD
'07 Classic 1500...DD
Gone but not forgotten:
'69 Pro Street Chevelle
'86 M1031 CUCV

Last edited by fun in dirt; 12-06-2010 at 12:16 PM.
fun in dirt is offline   Reply With Quote