View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #13
MidLifer

Re: went cheap on the door seals

I've used plenty of good stuff from both Chinas, but the Honda door seals (which may also be made in China, who knows) work better on our trucks than anything else.

For my 1950 3100 I used Soffseal door seals and they are great. Steele's also makes good ones for AD trucks, don't know if they have it for 67-72 trucks or not. No idea where either of them are produced.

I miss my 71 C10....but it won't be the last 67-72 for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
As for Taiwanese parts, I typically find they ae better than Chinese communist parts. But I'm talking about hard parts, like hood hinges.

Had a vendor (H&H) tell me several years ago that he stopped selling window regulators (55-57 Chevy, as I recall) because he got so many returns. Apparently there was only one manufacturer for a while, and they were Chinese. He finally started getting good quality versions from Taiwan.

I think a lot of the good stuff has clear packaging like GM uses (or used to use), with the name "Counterparts" in blue. However, I just read an old thread where GMC Paul's said that brand ranges from very good to bad.
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote